Okinawa University of Graduate Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) offers a paid internship in Japan for both undergraduate and graduate students for a period of 2-6 months.
During this period, research trainees will be given the opportunity to gain experience in laboratories and learn scientific methods and techniques for conducting research. Interns will work under the supervision of a professor at OIST as they will contribute to the university’s research activities.
There are various faculties and research projects conducted at OIST. Interns are advised to choose a project based on their academic background or interests.
The research internship opportunity is awarded twice a year and is fully funded and covers all trainee costs.
In this opportunity, we will discuss how to register for the 2021 Fully Funded Internship Opportunity in Japan.
Paid Internship in Japan – Program Eligibility
Applicants for the Paid Internship must meet the following conditions:
- Outstanding students enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program at a university, and graduate students can apply.
- You must obtain approval from your university in case you are a student.
- The academic background of the applicants should be appropriate for the research and faculty in which they will work during their research training at OIST.
Benefits of an OIST Paid Internship Scholarship
Winners of a fully funded training opportunity in Japan will receive the following benefits:
- Living allowance (about $ 22 per day excluding weekends).
- Accommodation on campus or nearby.
- One round-trip ticket direct to and from the applicant’s country of residence.
- Visa fee
- Insurance and other related expenses.
Research projects available for a paid research training program
Applicants to the oist-research-internship-program can work on several projects ongoing at the university including physics, biology, mathematics, and more.
Documents required for undergraduate and graduate research training
Applicants to the OIST Research Training Program must have the following documents in English:
- Biography .
- Statement of Interest (400 words expressing the area of research you want and your goals for completing the training at OIST)
- Record of grades (in pdf format)
- Recommendation letter from an academic or specialist researcher (submitted by the same / by themselves through the online application)
- ID photo (recent JPG image, less than 5MB)
Applying for paid training in Japan 2021
Once you have prepared all the documents required above, follow the steps below to apply for the Paid Internship opportunity in Japan:
- Go to the online application form.
- Create a new account. Make sure to remember your username and password.
- Fill out the online application. You can complete the order in one go or in multiple sessions.
- Submit all the required documents mentioned above.
- Enter the details of at least one proposal. You can only submit the application online after at least one letter of recommendation has been submitted by the referee.
- You can then submit your application online. You will receive a verification email upon your submission.
- Results will be sent via emails by the approximate notification date, which is around 3 months after you submit the online application.
OIST Training Deadline:
The deadline for applying for an application for a paid internship in Japan via the Okinawa Institute Institute depends on when you plan to start your research training program.
Follow the dates below and ensure that all required documents are submitted with the application by the deadline.
|Training||Training history||Submission period||Announcement of the result|
|Round 1||Start between October and March||March 15th to April 15th, 2021||July|
|Round 2||Starting from April and September||September 15th to October 15th, 2021||January|