Paid Internship in Japan – OIST Program 2023
Okinawa University of the Graduate Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) is offering a paid internship in Japan for both undergraduate and postgraduate students for a period of 2-6 months, and it is known that during this period, research interns will be given ample opportunity to gain high-level laboratory experience and learning experience. Scientific methods and techniques for conducting research in various fields. Interns will work under the supervision of an OIST professor where students will contribute to the research activities of the University.
There are many faculty and research projects being conducted at OIST. Interns are also advised to choose a project based on their academic background or interests. The research training opportunity is granted twice annually and is fully funded and covers all costs of the trainee. Below, we will be discussing how to register for the 2023 Fully Funded Internship Opportunity in Japan.
Paid Internship in Japan – Program Eligibility
Applicants for paid internships must meet the following conditions:
- Outstanding students enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program at a university, and graduate students can apply.
- You must obtain approval from your university in case you are a student.
- The academic background of the applicants should be appropriate for the research and faculty in which they will work during their research training at OIST.
Benefits of an OIST Paid Internship Scholarship
The winners of a fully funded internship in Japan will get the following benefits:
- Student living allowance is approximately $22 per day excluding weekends.
- Residence on campus or in a location close to the university.
- One direct round-trip ticket to and from the applicant’s country of residence.
- Student visa fees
- Insurance and other related expenses.
Research projects available for a research training program
- Oist-research-internship applicants can work on many ongoing projects at the university including physics, biology, mathematics, and more.
- For a detailed list of research projects being conducted at the university, check out the Available Faculty Training and Research Program Project.
Documents required for undergraduate and graduate research Internship
The student applying for the OIST research training program must have the following documents and they must be in English:
- A statement of interest of 400 words expressing the student’s desired area of research and your goals for completing the internship at OIST.
- The transcript is attached in pdf format
- Recommendation letter from an academic or professional researcher submitted by himself through the online application
- ID photo: A recent JPG photo, and it should be less than 5MB in size
Applying for OIST paid INTERNSHIP in JAPAN 2023
Once you have prepared all the required documents above, follow the steps given below in order to apply for this paid internship opportunity in Japan:
- Go to the online application form.
- Create a new account.
- Make sure to remember your username and password.
- Fill out the application online.
- The application can be completed in one go or in multiple sessions.
- Submit all the required documents mentioned above.
- Enter the details of at least one proposal.
- The application can only be submitted online after at least one letter of recommendation has been submitted by a reference.
- The application can then be submitted online.
- The student will receive a verification email upon submission.
- Results will be sent via emails to the student by the approximate notification date, which is approximately 3 months after submitting the online application.