Studying in the Netherlands It is considered one of the best things a student can do in Europe. The Netherlands has an affordable and low cost of living, along with a safe and multicultural environment that makes it an attractive destination to study abroad. In addition to all these reasons, a student can also include the fact that any student can study in the Netherlands without an IELTS test.
The Netherlands was one of the first countries to offer international study programs taught in English. It is known for its innovative, unique and straightforward teaching theory, which attracts thousands of international students from all over the world.
Steps to study in Netherland without IELTS
1# Application Process to Study in Netherlands without IELTS
- On the university’s website, you can find rankings in the Netherlands, and eligibility requirements. So shortlist the courses and universities in the Netherlands you want to apply to.
- Determine which university is best for you academically and professionally by browsing the websites of all relevant universities.
- The student must apply online if he or she has chosen a university or college in the Netherlands..
A student can apply to all Dutch universities without IELTS if he has a high school diploma from a school located in and approved by the relevant authorities in:
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Canada (without Quebec)
- The US
- The UK
Top Universities to Study in Netherlands :
- University of Amsterdam
- Wageningen University & Research
- University of Groningen
- Leiden University
2# Tuition Fees and Other Costs:
In the event that the interview is accepted, the student will receive a letter confirming his admission to the study program to which he applied. Then the third step is to pay the tuition fees for your program of study.
It is known that international students pay higher tuition fees than domestic students. You can expect to pay approximately 6,000 – 15,000€ per year for a bachelor’s degree and 8,000 – 20,000€ per year for a master’s degree. Here you will also find information about the cost of studying in the Netherlands.
3# Apply for a student visa
The main question asked by international students who want to study in the Netherlands is is it possible to obtain a Dutch study visa without taking IELTS. But the Netherlands visa rules are definitely getting stricter than before, and if you have proof of being accepted by a Dutch university without IELTS, that is possible.
- Completed visa application form
- A valid passport
- Two photos
- Birth certificate
- Academic texts
- An official letter from the academic institution in the Netherlands
- Financial proof for the entire study period of about 870 euros per month
- Travel and health insurance
- Visa application fee
- Copies of all original personal documents
4# Apply for scholarships
Many higher education institutions in the Netherlands offer scholarships for international students. Scholarships are offered to international students to encourage them to study in the Netherlands. Scholarships are available to pursue bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in the Netherlands.
In Holland, you can find fully funded or partially funded scholarships. Scholarships vary at universities. Therefore, you should check with ask the university if they offer any scholarships or financial aid to students for their program of study.