The GSK Scholarships in the United Kingdom for 2024 offer a fully funded opportunity for individuals seeking academic excellence. Hosted by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), this program spans 1 year and aims to empower scholars through enriching academic experiences, fostering leadership, and facilitating impactful contributions to society.
GSK Scholarships Details
|United Kingdom (UK)
|London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
|Master’s Degree Program
|Tuition fees, mandatory field trip fees, and a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00
Stay connected with us on Telegram and get the latest updates from our blog.
Also Check Think Big Scholarships 2024 | University of Bristol 🇬🇧 (Fully Funded)
Available Study Fields
The scholarships are open to applicants for any of the non-distance learning intensive Masters programs offered by LSHTM (excluding the joint programs: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
Some of the available study fields include:
- Public Health
- Health Data Science
- Immunology of Infectious Diseases
- Control of Infectious Diseases
- Nutrition for Global Health
- Global Mental Health
- Health Policy, Planning & Financing
- One Health
- Veterinary Epidemiology
- Full coverage of tuition fees
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00 to cover living expenses and other costs
- Access to a range of professional development opportunities, including leadership training, networking events, and mentorship from experienced healthcare professionals
- Exposure to the healthcare industry through internships and other experiential learning opportunities
How to Apply For GSK Scholarships in the United Kingdom
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM
- Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study by submitting the Scholarships Application Form
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and hold an offer of admission for 2024-25 for one of LSHTM’s London-based intensive MSc programs of study
- Academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Valid Passport
- Letters of recommendation
- Study Plan or Research Proposal
Application Process For GSK Scholarships
The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 04 March 2024.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2024-25 for a London-based MSc program of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant program of study page on the LSHTM website.
- Step 2: In your application to study, you should select the scholarships you are applying for in the ‘FUNDING DETAILS’ part of the application form. If you do not select the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders on your application, you will not be considered for this funding. Attach a Scholarships Application Form to your application to study completed in Step 1. A completed Scholarships Application Form must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only scholarships attachment required (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc as part of their application for study).