Dreaming of a vibrant European study experience without the need for an English proficiency test like IELTS? Look no further than Belgium! This dynamic country boasts a world-class education system, diverse academic offerings, and a welcoming atmosphere for international students. And the best part? You can pursue your academic aspirations in Belgium without having to take the IELTS test.
This guide will equip you with all the information you need to embark on your Belgian study adventure, including:
Why Study in Belgium?
Belgium boasts an array of internationally recognized universities offering diverse programs taught in English. The country’s rich heritage, multicultural society, and central European location add to its allure.
Stay connected with us on Telegram and get the latest updates from our blog.
Also Check University of Helsinki Scholarships – Fully Funded 🇫🇮 (Fully Funded)
Universities Accepting Students Without IELTS
- Ghent University: Ranked among the top universities in Europe, Ghent offers a wide range of English-taught programs across various disciplines.
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel: This research-intensive university provides a dynamic learning environment with a strong focus on internationalization.
- University of Antwerp: Located in the heart of Antwerp, this university offers a diverse range of internationally recognized programs.
- ULiège: Situated in the historic city of Liège, ULiège is renowned for its research excellence and strong ties with industry.
- Hasselt University: This young and innovative university offers a personalized learning experience in a modern campus setting.
Alternative English Proficiency Tests
Instead of IELTS, some universities may accept other English proficiency tests, such as:
- Previous Education in English
- Interviews or Writing Samples
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
Scholarships For International Students
Several scholarships are available for international students wishing to study in Belgium without IELTS. These scholarships often cover tuition fees, living expenses, and travel costs. Some examples include:
- VLIR-UOS Scholarship Program
- Belgian Government Scholarships
- Master Mind Scholarships
- Erasmus+ Program
- Science@Leuven Scholarships
The application process for studying in Belgium may vary depending on the university and program you choose. However, some general steps include:
- Research programs: Find a program that aligns with your academic interests and career goals.
- Check admission requirements: Ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria, including English language proficiency.
- Gather required documents: This typically includes transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a CV.
- Apply online: Submit your application through the university’s online portal.
- Visa application: Once admitted, apply for a student visa at the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country.