The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) is a highly selective program for talented international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to study for a master’s degree at Utrecht University.
Utrecht University is one of Europe’s leading research universities, recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching.The UES covers the full tuition fee and provides £11,000 grant for living costs. It can be renewed for the second year of two-year master’s programs if the student is making satisfactory progress.
About Utrecht Excellence Scholarships
- Country: Netherlands
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Deadline: 1st February 2024
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL TO STAY CONNECTED WITH US.
Also Check KU Leuven Scholarship 2024, Belgium 🇧🇪
The UES provides financial support that covers:
- The full tuition fee or part thereof, depending on your academic performance and financial need.
- A monthly living allowance of £11,000 that covers expenses such as accommodation, food, transportation, health insurance, books, etc.
- A travel grant of £1,000 that covers travel costs between your home country and the Netherlands.
- A visa application fee waiver that covers the cost of obtaining a Dutch visa/residence permit.
To qualify for the UES, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must belong to the top 10% of your graduating class. You can prove this by providing proof of ranking certificate, GPA with grade distribution summary, statement/reference letter signed and stamped by your university.
- You must not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch study grant and loan system.
- You must have completed your secondary school and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands. You can provide proof of academic transcripts or diplomas.
- You must have applied for an international master’s program with a start date of 1 September 2024. Not all programs participate. Please check Master’s program > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the UES is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
- You must be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit. This includes having sufficient funds to cover your living expenses in the Netherlands.
- The deadline for applying for the UES is February 1st 23:59 CET. You must submit your online application form and all required documents before this date. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Step 1: Find your master’s program and check if it participates in the UES. You can use the program finder to search for your preferred program and see if the UES is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
- Step 2: Apply for admission to your chosen master’s program through the OSIRIS Online Application portal.
- Step 3: Apply for the UES by filling out the online application form through the OSIRIS Online Application portal before February 1st 23:59 CET.
- Step 4: Wait for the selection results. The selection committee will review your applications and make a decision by mid-May 2024.