Are you interested in pursuing your academic goals in Germany? Do you want to study, research, or learn German in one of the most prestigious and diverse educational systems in the world? If yes, then you should apply for the DAAD Scholarships in Germany, which are fully funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
The DAAD Scholarships in Germany are available for graduates, doctoral students, and postdocs from all disciplines and countries who wish to study or conduct research at a German university or non-university research institution. The scholarships cover the duration of the program, which varies depending on the level and type of study or research.
DAAD Program Scholarships in Germany Details
|Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation & Development
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL TO STAY CONNECTED WITH US.
The DAAD Program Scholarships in Germany offer the following financial benefits:
- Monthly scholarship payment (e.g., € 934 for graduates and € 1,200 for doctoral/PhD students)
- Flat-rate travel allowance
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance
- One-off research allowance
- Family benefits (for some programs)
- Funds for language courses (for some programs)
The eligibility criteria for the DAAD Program Scholarships in Germany vary depending on the program and the country of origin of the applicants. However, some general requirements are:
- Having a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent for Master’s programs, or a Master’s degree or equivalent for PhD/Postdoc programs
- Having a high level of academic achievement and potential
- Having a clear and well-defined study or research plan
- Having a good knowledge of German or English (depending on the program and the host institution)
- Having a letter of acceptance or invitation from a German university or research institution (for some programs)
- Having a social or political commitment and leadership skills (for some programs)
- Being in a situation of risk or danger in the home country (for the Hilde Domin Program)
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Study or research proposal
- Academic transcripts and certificates
- Language certificates
- Letters of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance or invitation (for some programs)
The deadline for the DAAD Program Scholarships in Germany depends on the program and the country of origin of the applicants. The applicants should check the specific deadline for their program and country in the DAAD scholarship database¹ or the DAAD website².
The application process for the DAAD Program Scholarships in Germany consists of the following steps:
- Find a suitable program and host institution in Germany that matches your academic interests and goals.
- Check the eligibility criteria and the required documents for your program and country.
- Prepare your application documents, such as your CV, motivation letter, study or research proposal, etc. Make sure to follow the guidelines and the format provided by the DAAD.
- Apply online through the DAAD application portal. You will need to register and create an account to access the portal.