Do you want to spend your summer doing exciting research in life sciences – technology at one of the top ranked universities in Europe? Do you want to work with leading scientists and experts in a state-of-the-art facility in Switzerland? Do you want to enjoy the beauty and diversity of Swiss culture and nature? If yes, then you might want to apply for the EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program 2024.
The EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program is an 8-week hands-on summer research experience for undergraduate and master’s students from all over the world.
The program is hosted by the School of Life Sciences at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), one of the leading research institutions in Switzerland and Europe.
The program is fully funded and covers, stipend, travel expenses and accommodation for the selected candidates.
What You Need to Know About EPFL Life Sciences Summer
- Country: Switzerland
- Eligibility: Undergraduate and Master’s students
- Fellowship Duration: 8 Weeks
- Financial aid: The program is fully funded
- Application deadline: February 15, 2024
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL TO STAY CONNECTED WITH US
Also Check: ETH Zurich Scholarship 2024 in Switzerland 🇨🇭
The Program Duration and Schedule
- Program Duration: July 3rd to August 25th, 2023 (2 months)
- Mandatory full attendance required for the entire program period
EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program Financial Benefits
- CHF 3,400 stipend covers housing and living expenses for 2 months.
- Pre-paid housing in single or double rooms shared with SRP peers.
- Majority of travel expenses to and from Switzerland are covered.
- Reimbursement up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances.
How to Apply for the EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program
If you are interested in applying for the EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Check the eligibility criteria and the required documents
- Fill out the online application form and upload the required documents
- Submit your application before the deadline of 31 January 2024
- Wait for the notification of acceptance or rejection by April 2024
- If accepted, confirm your participation and arrange your travel and visa
Eligibility Criteria and Required Documents
To be eligible for the EPFL Life Sciences Summer Research Program, you must:
- Enrolled in university in:
- Quantitative biology
- Genetics courses, or other life sciences-related programs
- GPA of 3.75/4.0 or higher
- Completed 2 years of undergrad or 1st year of master’s
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Full availability throughout the program
- Online Application Form
- CV (1-2 pages)
- Motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- Explanation of 3 lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- University transcript or school official list of classes and grades