Curtin University UAE Scholarships and Financial Aid Scholarships are part of Curtin’s commitment to rewarding academic excellence, supporting research and empowering students of all backgrounds to achieve their potential, Curtin University currently welcomes applications from outstanding and suitably qualified students for its Outstanding Scholarship Programs open to students who excel in academic fields sports and other professional engagements.
Curtin University Scholarship majors:
- Foundation Stage:
Engineering and Hard Sciences
Foundation in Information Technology
Foundation in Business
Foundation in Arts and Media
- Bachelor’s majors:
Arts and Creative Industries,
Information Technology and Computing
- Master’s majors:
MBA International MBA
Types of Curtin University Scholarships in UAE
The types of scholarships offered by Curtin University Dubai are many and help international students financially. Below are the different types of scholarships:
- Academic Excellence Scholarship The Academic Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship has been developed to reward students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their high school exams, and wish to continue their studies at Curtin University Dubai.
- Professional Excellence Scholarship for Graduate Applicants
Students who have made a significant contribution to society through their leadership, or have distinguished themselves in their undergraduate studies, are awarded with this Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Sports Excellence Scholarship The Sports Excellence Scholarship
Awarded to students with honors at the international and national levels.
- Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Undergraduate Applicants
The scholarship is open to local and international students. A maximum of one eligible student may also be awarded by Pro-Vice Chancellor based on a combination of criteria including merit, sport, community/industry service etc.
- SP Wahi Excellence Scholarship for Undergraduate Applicants
The scholarship founders may only award a maximum of one student who is eligible based on a set of criteria, including merit, sports, community/industry service, etc. It is open to local and international students.
Scholarship Aid The Financial Aid Scholarship was developed to encourage and support students who have limited financial resources to finance their studies at Curtin Dubai. To be eligible for financial aid, students must have satisfactory academic performance, be able to demonstrate financial need and provide documentation to support their case.
- The Women in Engineering Scholarship The Women in Engineering
The scholarship has been developed to reward female students who have earned outstanding undergraduate degrees in science, information technology, engineering or mathematics. This scholarship category is open to both local and international female students applying for engineering programs at Curtin Dubai.
The scholarship is applicable to the category of students who have previously graduated with a degree (with a grade of 6 or above) from any Curtin campus around the world, who qualify and decide to join one of the graduate programs at Curtin University Dubai.
- Family Scholarship
When two or more students from the same family are enrolled this direct scholarship is awarded at any institution, undergraduate or postgraduate program (full-time only, not applicable to part-time study). Immediate family members include parents, spouse, and siblings.
- Australian/Emirati National Scholarship
This exclusive scholarship is available to all applicants from the UAE and Australia.
- Early Bird Offer Early
Eligible for this scholarship are applicants who have successfully received a letter of admission and registration within their terms of offer.
- Evening Applications and Other Scholarships
Applicants who have registered successfully on one of the application days are eligible for this scholarship.
Please note the following eligibility conditions;
- The scholarships are for international students.
- Applicants will be evaluated by a selection committee based on the information provided by each student.
- The student funding award is confidential and should not be discussed with other students.
- Failure to maintain confidentiality will result in cancellation of funding.
- Two or more funding categories cannot be grouped together.
- Scholarships are not transferable to any of the other Curtin campuses.
- Beneficiaries must be in good standing in terms of all ethical, judicial and academic standards.
- Recipients are encouraged, particularly students who have received funding on the basis of merit.
- Some students may be asked to represent the campus as ambassadors from time to time.
- This helps build a sense of community and position the student as an inspiration to younger and prospective students at the university.
How-to-Apply: Students must follow the instructions below to apply for any of the Curtin University Dubai Excellence Scholarships:
- Students must apply using the appropriate application form along with a supporting letter highlighting their merits or need for financial assistance to obtain funding.
- Applications must be completed in full to be eligible.
- Incomplete applications will be considered unsuccessful.
- All relevant supporting documents, including original academic documents, must be submitted to Curtin Dubai for review before the application deadline.
- Students who receive a conditional offer letter must submit the remaining documents and complete the pending formalities to continue enrollment in their units during the applicable teaching period.
- These documents must be submitted by the census date to avoid automatic withdrawal.
- To accept the funding offer, each student will need to sign the award letter and send it to their admissions officer.