The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals is a Swedish scholarship that provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to advance professionally and academically, explore Swedish society and culture, and establish long-term relationships with Sweden and other global professionals.
Swedish Universities offer a wide range of academic fields and majors under the available scholarship programs. The coverage includes all associated expenses such as tuition fees, airfare, and other living expenses, with support from the Swedish Government. The scholarship period extends to 1 or 2 years, depending on the chosen degree program, and cannot be extended beyond this duration.
The Government of Sweden, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is set to award 300 fully funded scholarships to international students. The initiative aims to cultivate global leaders. Generally, the scholarships are granted to a selective 4-6% of the total applicants.
Swedish Institute Scholarship Details
- Host Country: Sweden
- Level of study: Master’s degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
- Deadline: February 28
What do scholarship recipients receive?
- Tuition fees are fully covered.
- insurance against illness and accidents.
- To support your living expenses throughout the study period, you will get a stipend of SEK 11,000 each month.
- A travel grant This is a one-time fee that does not apply to students who are already in Sweden.
Available Study Fields
- Natural Science
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Social Science and Behavioral Science
- Veterinary Medicine and Nursing
- Arts, Design and Media
- Business Administration and Economics
- Education/Educational Sciences/Didactics
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, and Fishery
- Health and Medical Care
- Law and Legal Studies
- Materials, Construction, and Manufacturing
- Religious Studies
- Social Work and Welfare
- Journalism, Communication, and Information
You need to be SI-eligible for the master’s programs you’re applying to. We give priority to programs in particular subject areas depending on your citizenship.
You must be a citizen of one of the SI scholarship countries.
Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Colombia, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Egypt, Ecuador, Ghana, Guatemala, Gambia, Georgia, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Myanmar (Burma), Morocco, Malawi, Moldova, Nigeria, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Peru, Rwanda, Russian Federation, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Previous work experience
You must have at least 3,000 hours of documented work experience. Furthermore, you must have shown leadership experience from your current or past workplace, as well as through civil society participation.
- Resume (CV)
- Reference letters
- Letter of Motivation
- A copy of your valid passport or national ID card
- Reliable and fully completed documentation of your professional experience
How to Apply for Swedish Institute Scholarship
- Candidates must first apply for university admission.
- After submitting the admission application, the applicant must submit a separate application for SI scholarships.
- By March 30, 2023, the candidate must be enrolled in one of the eligible master’s programs for SI Scholarships.
- You can apply for as many programs as you like, but for the SI Scholarship in Sweden in 2023, you can only apply for up to four master’s programs.