If your desire is to study in Germany, you can now apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship, which Germany offers to all international students of different nationalities from all countries who wish to have the opportunity to study for a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Germany. These scholarships will help advance students’ professional and academic goals by removing any financial barriers that prevent them from achieving this in order to cover their study expenses.
SBW Berlin Scholarship details
- Host country : Germany
- Host Institution : SBW Berlin
- Level of study : Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree
Funding provided under the SBW Berlin Scholarship
- study fees
- The student stays in a designated room in SBW Student Apartments in Berlin.
- A monthly stipend for living expenses of 550 euros.
- Provide full support to the social enterprise, if required.
- It is possible that the university will provide a travel allowance for the student’s trip to Berlin before the start of the study and also a travel allowance for the trip back to the student’s homeland after the completion of his studies.
- The maximum budget for travel within Europe is 500 euros
- The maximum limit for travel outside Europe is 1,000 euros.
Conditions for applying into the SBW Berlin Scholarship
Read this : DAAD : scholarships in germany
- Eligible Countries : All Nationalities. (United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen) .
- Students’ age for applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old.
- The applicant, before the start of their university education scholarship, must be registered in the first, second or third semester as a maximum in one of the universities recognized by the state (in Germany or abroad) or have applied to obtain a scientific degree such as a master’s before or after obtaining the Bachelor’s degree in a short period of time.
- The average score of the applicant must correspond to a German average score of no less than 2.0.
- The applicant must be able to prove that he has not been in Germany for more than 18 months before submitting the application.
- An applicant who has the intention to work in their home country for at least 18 months after their graduation.
- The applicant who has professional experience or volunteer work in the non-profit business sector.
- An applicant who is able to provide proof of a net financial income that is low and unsuitable for living conditions.
- The applicant does not have any of his first-degree family members fully and permanently residing in Germany.
- No student whose studies in Germany have been funded by another scholarship are not allowed to apply for the scholarship. However, the only exception to this rule is a request for assistance under the German Federal Educational Assistance Act (BAFöG). Then, an adjustment is made to the grant amount according to the allowance. BAFöG
How to Apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship
- The first step is to fill out the scholarship application form (online or in PDF format) here .
- Then you must send the following documents:
- A special letter that conveys the intention and desire of the student and motivates him to obtain the scholarship.
- A document stating that you have obtained a high school diploma to apply for a bachelor’s degree.
- A document stating that a bachelor’s degree has been obtained to advance to the master’s level.
- Recommendation letter.
- Detailed information about the family’s net financial income.
- A valid passport
- SBW may ask the student for more documents at later stages before or during the course of study.
- Fill in personal data and contact information.
- The student must submit the application and all supporting documents, papers and certificates attached to his application in German or English via e-mail [email protected] .
- The student should read the scholarship guidelines carefully here
Read more: Max Planck internship program in Germany